Thursday, October 15, 2009

The view from the mountain

A week ago I had a phone line put in at a tiny house half way up a mountain. I now have dial-up and can pick up my easynet emails. A major advance! I have been confined to a mobile phone for the last couple of months.
I have disabled comments on the blog for the time being to prevent spam and because, quite frankly, the comments from "Anonymous" are as unhelpful as they are spiteful and cowardly.
Tim, I'm not dead so the RIP comment was uncalled for.
I am, however, emerging from a seriously unhappy period of my life. I have been struggling hard to get my act together, put on my research back on track, and have been trying to reorganize parts of my life so that I don't get flattened by it again. Thanks most of all to Jane Akshar, David Petersen, Cheryll Agg and Francis Lankester for hauling me through it. Thanks also to all of you who sent supportive messages.
I should have updated the blog with a temporary shut-down notice and would have done if I'd realized that I as going to get myself into such a mess and be away for so long. Apologies that I didn't post something to that effect. To be perfectly honest I hadn't realized that it was as long as eight week since I had last posted.
I will be back in London, for my sins, on 24th October if not before. I have now started tracking a lot of the recent news and should have a good update ready. I don't promise to leap straight onto my keyboard and start updating the moment I get out of the car, but I will start to update the blog again and will take up some of the great suggestions that so many of you made for improvements.
I notice that in the comments there were lots of links to other blogs dealing with Egypt, and I thought that was a great idea so when I get back I will go through all the comments and assemble a list of all those blogs and bloggers.
Cheers to everyone and I hope that you are all really well.
99.9% of you are absolutely marvellous and worth getting my act together for!
Even though I've disabled comments you can still get hold of me by email as usual
andie @ easynet.co.uk
Love
Andie
xx

No comments: