Monday, December 20, 2010

If the weather gives us a break we're off to Luxor today




There's nothing like sending postcards before you've even left the country :-) .

I am hoping to fly to Luxor today although we are inevitably psyching ourselves up to spending the night at Terminal 3 thanks to the snow and ice. Oh joy. My house is surrounded my snowmen built by local residents, which are really pretty but something of a bad omen for travel!

Assuming that we actually get to Luxor I understand that there will be WiFi but just in case something goes wrong, this is just a quick message to say that I am not back now until early January and may or may not be sorting through emails or updating the blog between now and then. I'll find out when I get there so watch this space and if nothing happens please be assured that I'll backdate the blog when I get back to London, and reply to my emails too.

When we get back, assuming that we ever leave, my house will have been redecorated by a friend of mine who is house-sitting for me - scary to return to a new look interior! I picked out all the colours but you never know what it's going to look like until it is on your ceilings and walls. Thanks Terry - and don't party too hard until the paint is dry!!

I hope that those of you who celebrate it are ready for Christmas and that everyone has prepared a big list of all those New Year resolutions that most of us never manage to keep!




All my very best to everyone
Love
Andie
xxx


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah.. Christmas in Luxor..
Have fun. ;)

Ben Morales-Correa said...

Well Andie I wish you a nice flight and a very nice stay at Luxor, enjoying the best of weather there, surrounded by the people and things you love the most and a warm welcome back. Have fun and enjoy!

Stuart Tyler said...

Good luck getting there - it will be well worth the wait.

You could always have a snow-ball fight until your flight leaves!

Have a lovely break.

Regards,
Stuart Tyler

Ingeborg W said...

Have a great time Andie, Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Alaa Taie said...

i am egyptian, live in luxor, i read your blog from time to time and it is great source of info about Egypt and discoveries around egypt.I wish you a Merry xmas in luxor
Alaa Taie